Why Winter Is the Best Time for a Home Renovation
At BINS BY JO LTD., customer satisfaction is important to us. That’s why we’d like to suggest something a little counter-intuitive if you’re planning a renovation. Although most people assume that the spring or summer is the best time to call in the contractors, this isn’t always the case. Depending on exactly what kind of renovation you’re planning to do, winter can be a far cheaper time of year.
Like any other business, prices for construction go up and down depending on how many construction outfits are competing for business and how many customers there are in the area that have jobs for them. Prices for demolition, junk removal, bin rental, and other parts of construction tend to go up in the summer when there are a lot of people who want those services but down in the winter when there isn’t as much demand on the Edmonton market.
Precisely because most people think that the spring and summer are the only time to do renovation, doing it in the winter can come with huge savings. Here are only a few of the reasons winter is a great time to do home renovation:
- Contractors will negotiate in the winter In the summer, there are usually enough construction jobs to be had that contractors can be picky. In the winter, however, they’re much more likely to give you a deal.
- Major appliances are often on sale Take advantage of holiday sales to upgrade your kitchen appliances at lower prices.
- Timelines are more likely to be met Because they have fewer jobs, construction companies will have no excuses for not being on schedule with their work.
- Manufacture materials will be cheaper Just as prices go down for the labour that goes into construction in the winter, prices will go down on the materials too due to decreased demand. Be sure to ask your contractor about the cost of materials and how those savings can be passed on to you.
- Energy efficiency Of course, not every renovation job can be done in winter. Since the ground is probably frozen solid, it will be a challenge to dig it up. Interior construction, however, is entirely do-able. In fact, winter is a perfect time to make your home more energy efficient so you actually save money on heating and cooling in the long run.
If you need any demolition or junk removal or bin rental services, contact us at BINS BY JO LTD. in Edmonton today. We do all jobs, big and small, so don’t hesitate to call us if you need more information about how we can help you with your renovation project.